Sunday, August 14, 2011

New York, here I come!

I'm so excited! (Pointer Sisters, 1982 LOL)

The Visionary Book Store and Weston United have invited me for a signing, reading and reception Aug. 20th in Harlem. Although I'm a born & raised NYer, I haven't been back in years and it's been even longer since my last time in Harlem. I'm told it's called Upper Manhattan now, but it will always be Harlem to me, the home of music and literary legends and the Harlem Renaissance.

I appreciate this opportunity to give back. You see, in my youth I was a victim of domestic abuse, but I'm here to testify that there
is life after you leave your abuser.

If you are in the NY area, the reception is 5 p.m. Saturday at the
Gallery M
123 W. 135th St. (off 7th & Lenox)
NY, NY 10030
I'll be in the Gallery from 4 p.m. for book signing.
Please stop by the Gallery M, but if I don't see you, I'll be back after the trip to let you know how everything went.

Have a blessed week.

No comments:

Post a Comment