Saturday, September 1, 2012

My Writing Life: Headed to the AJC Decatur Book Festival

It's finally here -- the annual AJC Decatur Book Festival!  Today, the GA Peach Authors, also known as "The Housewives of Literature: Atlanta," will be taking the stage for a panel discussion from 5:30 - 6:15pm.

Okay, so I'm really excited to be talking books with my GA Peach girls, and a bunch of folks who really like to read.  But the event has also got me thinking about my "Housewife" icon, Nene Leakes, and what she would have to say about my writing, maybe books, and just stuff in general.  So, with a tip of my hat to Nene, here are my four favorite quotes from her:
  1. "Close your legs to married men..."  There was a whole lot more to this one, but you'd have to be there.  Anyway, with reference to my latest novel, Doing BIG Things, the heroine should have taken this advice, but since she didn't, you need to read the book.
  2. "I wear a size 10, but I could be an 8 if I wanted.  I'm just effin' hungry."  Now, who amoung us does not get this?  I may work in fitness and spend a lot of my life in the gym, but I like to eat, too!
  3. "I truly believe that blonde wigs will make you crazy."  Okay, I have no real world connotation for this one.  I just think its funny!
  4. "I don't keep up with the Joneses, I am the Jonses."  My thought, paraphrased, with every word I write.  My goal is to make every book, every character, and every scene better than the one before.  I LOVE what I do, and besides, readers deserve that and so much more.
Nene has said a lot of other things, but these are my faves.  You have any?  Send them to me the_fitwryter@yahoo.com.

See you in Decatur!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment